FSC works to take care of our forests and those who rely on them: by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and
much more. We achieve this through FSC certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. For more information on FSC, visit our
website at http://www.ic.fsc.org.
To effectively meet the challenge of protecting the world’s forests, we are committed to ensuring we have the world’s most skilled people working with us. This commitment extends to everyone that works in FSC around the world: from those that lead the design of policies and standards, to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground, and to those that provide us with backbone to do our work.
The Market Development Manager FSC Korea supports and delivers a coordinated market development and value chain plan and activity to increase FSC’s market value and to make sure that FSC is known by the targeted key accounts, retailers, associations in Korea. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the FSC Asia Pacific Head of Market Development and the FSC Asia Pacific Regional Director to increase FSC labelled products in key value chains through focused and coordinated domestic market development activities and ultimately drive FSC supply and volumes in the region.
• To develop a 2-year market development and value chain plan for Korea in close collaboration with
the FSC Regional Director and the Head of Market Development, and in line with the Asia Pacific Regional Strategy and FSC Global Strategy.
• To identify, prioritize, engage a list of targeted accounts and build the market for FSC-certified products in core value chains.
• To influence retailers and brands to source FSC packaging and increase supply to meet demand.
• To drive greater uptake of FSC labelled products, diversify supply and improve the environment for strong retailers support and promotion.
• To roll out global/regional consumer/B2B campaigns in Korea and develop local campaigns to raise FSC awareness.
Increase Market Value
• To work with FSC teams to implement global policies, protocols and strategies for key account management in value chain approach.
• To expand the market for FSC materials by developing programs and materials to provide guidance and support to FSC clients.
• To drive the development and engagement of government relationships with regards to FSC certification and procurement of certified materials and products.
• To develop and implement the regional marketing strategy to position FSC as the preferred certification scheme.
• To actively flag, source, develop and contribute stories and content in the country that can demonstrate the impact and enhance the reputation of FSC.
• To promote the mission and/or impact of FSC and FSC certified and labelled products.
• To work with FSC Asia Pacific’s Trademark Service Provider and Legal Unit to maintain FSC integrity via promoting correct FSC trademark use and tackle trademark infringement cases in Korea.
• To promote and sign Trademark License Agreements with key brands and retailers for domestic promotion on FSC.
• University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Business, Marketing, Communications, Forestry or Environmental Management).
• At least 8 to 10 years of professional experience in Business, Market development, value chain
integrity or relevant environmental or social NGO.
• Skilled and experienced in engaging and communicating with business clients in an international
• Experience in key account management and or marketing or proven professional success in related work in Asia.
• Solution and service-oriented attitude to work.
• Solid project and programme management and event organising experience with good understanding of market, trademark and branding issues.
• Proven skills in relationship management in the private sectors.
• Experience in corporate social responsibility, sustainability standards or the forest products industry.
• Native in Korean (Spoken and written), Fluency in English (spoken and written), and fluency in other Asian languages is a plus.
• Exemplary Verbal and written communication skills that contribute to cohesive team efforts and decision making.
• Good skills in the use of standard software packages (MS Office), CRM (Customer Relations Management) systems (e.g. Salesforce).
• Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views and approaches to issues relevant to the FSC program by stakeholders around the world.
Terms and Conditions:
• Location: Seoul, South Korea
• Duration of contract: 2 year with a possibility for extension.
• Working Hours: Full time, 40 hours per week.
• Starting Date: 01 July 2019 or as soon as possible.
How to Apply:
Please send your:
• motivation letter (including your gross salary expectations in USD)
• your CV
in English as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not send any photos of yourself, including as a picture on your CV and make sure to insert “Market Development Manager (FSC Korea) – Your Name” in the subject line of your e-mail.
The deadline for applications is 06 June 2019.
We will confirm receipt of your application. However, only candidates shortlisted for an interview will be further contacted and will receive notice of the outcome of the selection process. Should you not receive a confirmation of receipt please check your spam filter and if you cannot find it there contact us at email@example.com.
Please be informed, that by applying for this position you automatically accept our Data Protection Information on processing your personal data.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!